What is Kaffarah
Kaffarah is to be paid in situations where a fast is void or deliberately broken. A payment is then obligatory for the broken fast along with the condition to make up for that fast at a later stage (ASAP). If this is not viable, they are required to feed 60 poor people per each fast missed or broken at the rate of £5 per person (£5 x 60).
Some examples of situations where kaffarah would be due:
- Consumption of food or drink with intention
- Masturbation during fasting
- Sexual intercourse during fasting
- Breaking the fast by intentionally throwing up
- Changing one’s mind with the intent of breaking the fast. Fasting is validated by intention
- Deliberate or intentional poor characteristics such as lying, backbiting, foul language,deliberately hurting someone’s feelings, etc.
- Deliberately causing harm to oneself or another living creature or being
The single Donation amount will be transferred to the needed project.